Good morning! I hope you made the most of the weekend; I watched a few movies and started a great graphic memoir from our longtime pal MariNaomi. I hope these headlines help melt away your Monday worries:
- We have a profile of George Takei.
- Watch a trailer for the new season of Community on Yahoo.
- Penny Marshall remembers her friend Robin Williams in the New Yorker.
- You can download a collection of Dungeons & Dragons short stories read by Felicia Day, "Weird Al" Yankovic, David Duchovny and others for free.
- I was sad to hear that skateboarder Jay Adams died. He was a member of the Z-boys team and portrayed by Emile Hirsch in the movie Lords of Dogtown.
- Starz renewed Outlander for a second season.
- I remember many years ago when we tried to determine the best American rock band on Pop Candy. Here, Grantland names some contenders.
- Mark Hamill is rockin' a beard for Star Wars.
- Joe Strummer's Thunderbird is on eBay.
- Alison Brie and Jennifer Lawrence appeared in this horrible-looking MTV pilot.
- Yep, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a feminist.
- Here's a roundup of popular soundtracks that never hit No. 1.
- Gwar's Oderus Urungus (portrayed by the late Dave Brockie) was given a Viking funeral in Richmond, Va.
- This video shows a Rubik's Cube being solved around the world.
- This pizzeria offered some great Robin Williams specials.
- And finally, for Morrissey fans: It's Mozopoly.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.